Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Right Now Is Never Better

"Your life is right now! It's not later! It's not in that time of retirement. It's not when the lover gets here. It's not when you've moved into the new house. It's not when you get the better job. Your life is right now. It will always be right now. You might as well decide to start enjoying your life right now, because it's not ever going to get better than right now--until it gets better right now!"

~Abraham-Hicks/Esther Hicks

That. That quote right there was what I needed today.

Today my mom and her husband took the juveniles for the day. Caspian was at work, so I was left to my own devices. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself, so I decided to tackle the task of going through the kids toys in anticipation of Christmas and the most likely move we face in just a few short weeks. I ended up filling the entire interior of my mom's car and took it to the Goodwill. The kids rooms are now completely ready to be packed. Then I ran into the bank and thru McD's. I didn't have to share my fries. It was just what I needed at that moment.

Shortly after I went to the store, bought some flowers and went to an open house at my Aunts. She was showing off her new remodel where I sipped wine and mingled with many new faces. I rounded out my day picking up the Juveniles and meeting Caspian at home. I felt calm and focused. Exactly what I needed at that moment.

Tonight the juveniles are in bed. Caspian is watching a show about logging and nursing a tequila. Lizzard is asleep on the floor next to me as I type and reflect on all the changes and excitement coming our way. Mostly though I am enjoying this moment which is exactly what I need. This day. This time. It's getting better every moment and I better make sure to enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment