Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Because Channelling My Grandma in the Bedroom is HOT

Since I have been taking my domestic duties more seriously and keeping up on my laundry I noticed something. I have the sleepwear collection of my 82 year old grandma. I am 28 people, NOT 88. It's not like I think I need to look like a lingerie model every night, (not that I would ever look like one without some help from a plastic surgeon) but it is truly embarrassing.

In the days before children we mostly slept in the buff (sorry dad, stop reading) then progressed into more and more clothing as the years progressed. Mostly for the simple fact that I didn't want to have to get dressed five thousand times a night when I got up to feed, change and/or soothe a child. Plus now that they are getting older I don't think them coming in the middle of the night to hop into bed with mom and dad after a bad dream or fever that they should find their parents all nekkid (seriously I need at least 5 more years before " The Talk").

Our seven year anniversary is coming up on the 17th of November (well our legal anniversary, we eloped then had a formal wedding 6 months later, that's a whole 'nother story) and it would not hurt one bit to make a little more effort in the bedroom department to keep things lively and fresh (dad if you are still reading this, I am sorry). Because I basically have no shame here is the evidence of the sorry excuse for "nighties" I am tempting Caspian with:

Articles 1 and 2, the robes. Both were given to me by my Father-in-law for the births of the juveniles. The purple for Muirne and the Blue for Bardolf. They are matted, fuzzed and faded. Pretty hot, and did you catch that I said from my FATHER-IN -LAW?


Articles 3 and 4, the flannel lounge pants. Not only were they purchased from a bulk buy store, but they are about 4" too short. Repeat after me. High waters anyone?

Articles 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. The cotton night shirts. Comfortable? Yes. Oozing sex appeal? Not so much.

Article 10, Tinkerbell pajamas that my mom bought me....oh my the cute and comfort. However I am not five.


And last but not least article 11. Flying Pig Pajamas. I don't think any more needs to be said.


So help me out Nutty Readers. I need some new nighttime attire. Time to let the cotton, flannel and fleece go and move on to satin, silk and lace. Of course keep in mind that I am a mom, and as mentioned before I will be seen by my children in my bedroom attire. I just really don't know what to get that is functional and sexy. I am at a loss. Oh and if you can help me out with Caspian's nightwear it would be appreciated. He claims jammies are too constricting, but there has to be a better alternative then this:

No comments:

Post a Comment