Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bowling is a Sport, Right?

I am so sore. I mean hurts to walk, sit stand, move period sore. I had an impromptu workout session Saturday evening. I wish I could say it was one of Mark's spectacular routines that has me downing the Ibuprofen and reaching for ice packs, but it is much more embarrassing then soreness from not working out in a while.

I went Bowling.

My hips, thighs, butt and forearm (right only) are so sore TWO DAYS after bowling three games Saturday. Caspian thinks it's the funniest thing ever and with each mumble and groan takes jabs at my all too apparent state of physical impairment.

I know that I need to work out. I know that I am a better place not just physically, but mentally when I do. I know that the two 24 oz beers I downed while at the bowling alley is not helping my cause. I know that the drive thru meal on the way also is to my detriment, yet I do it anyway.

What the Hell is wrong with me?

The sore, burning and annoying pain is a huge wake-up call. There are no more excuses. I need to make some changes and I need to do it now. I am diving in head first and not coming up for air.

  • No longer will I be out of breath when I play tag with my kids.
  • No longer will I groan when picking up my bulk food items to heave them into the cart.
  • No longer will I ignore yard work because I just don't feel like putting forth the exertion.
  • No longer will I order take out because I don't feel like throwing together a salad.
  • No longer will I be sore for days after Bowling.
Hold me accountable Nutty Readers. The dawn of Squirrelly Buffness has come. Be afraid. Be very afraid.


Photo stolen from here



No comments:

Post a Comment