Sunday, July 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Fortunate with Family


This past week I have been reminded over and over how fortunate I am to have such wonderful family. Sometimes I need to remember to not take the love I am surrounded by for granted, so I wanted to focus on my family for today's Thankful Thursday.


I am so Grateful and Thankful for:


  • My Grandma "GG" who though in her 80's still manages to make time to watch my kids for me anytime I need her to. Who never forgets to tell me she loves me and means every word she says.

  • My In-laws, who truly are some of the best people on Earth. Their compassion, love, humor and devotion to those around them is contagious. I am so lucky to have married into their beautiful family.

  • My Dad who always takes my phone calls, even if it isn't the best time to talk. Who has always been not only a loving and supportive father, but a loving and supportive friend.

  • My parent's spouses. Both my parents are celebrating their first anniversaries this year to new spouses. I am not sure how it happened, but I absolutely love and adore the people that they have chosen to spend the rest of their lives with.

  • My Mom, who is my best friend. We were not always close , especially through my teenage years, but she always loved me and showed it. I am so fortunate to have such a wonderful example of a mother to follow.

  • My Brother, who will drop everything if I need him. Our relationship is taking on new phases in our adult life and I can't wait to see how we grow as friends.

  • My Husband, Caspian. I could go on and on, but after nearly 7 years of marriage, two kids, a mental dog, job changes, and life challenges, there is no other person I would want by my side.

  • And last but of course not least, my gorgeous, precious, rambunctious, full of life children, who have taught me how to really love. Quick to hug, laugh, love, kiss, and LIVE in every moment of every day, just because they can.

So Nutty Readers, who are you thankful for and why?


No comments:

Post a Comment