Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Oh Tom! You smooth talker, You!

Caspian suggested I try and make some new friends. Get out and explore. Navigate my surroundings and familiarize myself with the new people and places. While excited for that journey, I was not ready to take on that task alone.

I met Tom in Sears, the electronics section to be exact. Though a typical place to run into men, Tom lured me in when normally I could not be distracted. The saleslady stood by as we familiarized ourselves with each other. I told him where I lived, where we shopped, where we wanted to go. He knew right where I was and where I needed to go in life.

I left and took Tom with me. What would Caspian say? How could I explain what I had done? None of that mattered. No longer would I feel lost in this new place. I had the perfect companion. How does that phrase go? It's easier to ask forgiveness then permission? Yes, I had to have Tom. Caspian would just have to understand that I could not resist and in a moment of weakness I succumbed to the smooth taking stranger.

Nutty Readers, I would like to introduce you to my new lover, Tom:

No comments:

Post a Comment