Thursday, January 6, 2011

Six

You were a surprise. I was not ready. Your daddy had been ready for years.

You already had your blue eyes and red hair programmed in. I had no idea what I was in for. Your daddy was all in regardless.


You came into this world 8lbs 1oz and with your first breath, screaming. I didn't know what breathing really was until you. Your daddy breathes because of you.



You were ready to embrace and explore everything. I wanted only to hold you. Your daddy held us both.



You showed me love unconditionally and perfect friendship. I want to live to be your love and friend. Your daddy is the best love and friend for us both.



You offered patience and compassion to your brother. I learned to love another through you. Your daddy let his heart swell with the love of his complete family.

You turn six today. My surprise love and friend for all time.

Happy Birthday Snuggle. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment