Thursday, October 6, 2011

Lost In Translation

The Juveniles and I spent Friday afternoon at one of our local parks. This park had all of the regular play equipment plus a bonus item that we had not discovered on prior trips there. There were two speakers connected by an underground pipe that one could talk through and be heard by another at the other end of the playground. This was quite similar to the old two cans and string--which after Friday's fun I may have to make a set for them.

We spent much of our time talking to each other, trying to figure out what was being said and then responding accordingly. Most of the conversations were simple, asking what the other was doing, and giggling at the responses. However jumbled the messages sounded they didn't tire of each other's voices and continued to live in the now of the fun at that moment. The simple joys of the game overtook any possible frustration at not being able to understand what was being said. The fact that most of the time they had no idea what the other was saying was a non-issue compared to the jovial tone of the play.

Stunned by their complete disregard for anything but the present was like a slap in the face. I have shared with others, that this past week the Universal nudges are leaving me bruised by their persistence, yet I still find myself looking for the exact meaning, paths, answers, that in reality will show themselves to me if I just learn to let go of the literal translation. Instead of wondering if I am getting the message the way it is meant to be heard I need to just enjoy the message however it comes to me at that moment.

As the hour grew late and little tummy's began to rumble it was time to leave our games for another day. Muirne pleaded to whisper one last message to Bardolf at the other end of the speaker. Her message was simple.

"I love you, Brother!"

Those words translated loud and clear.




No comments:

Post a Comment