Monday, November 1, 2010

I'd ask you in for a drink but...

...if Caspian has his way we won't be in this house long enough for you to finish it!

The move was fairly uneventful, even though it was completely rushed. We ended up moving last Saturday with the help of my brother, dad, dad's wife and my mother in law. I am not one to sit with boxes around, so I had us unpacked and settled within the first few days. Of course with plans to buy this spring/summer we are leaving much in storage in the garage that we don't absolutely need anytime soon, so that helped the process. We also got Muirne settled in her new school, and we are glad that this will be her home only for kindergarten. More on that later.

So as I was saying, Caspian has already hired a real estate agent and we are meeting with a mortgage broker later this week. I would have liked to have more time to just take everything in before we started looking, but since Caspian is convinced we are renting in the ghetto, he is anxious to move. Not to mention the fact that he got a significant raise, so the influx in income is burning a hole in his pocket. Needless to say he is making me crazy.

I am so excited that we will be buying a home, getting settled, and putting down some roots. I am happy for Caspian that he really and truly loves his new position and is fortunate to have great people that work for him. I love that we are so close to Seattle and surrounded by water. However, I am still just trying to adjust to being more then three hours away from my family and all I have ever known. I just need a minute to breathe, pour myself (and a guest) a drink, and let the whole experience absorb.

Is that so much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment