Friday, November 5, 2010

Reasons I Am Really a 55+ Empty Nester

  • I LOVE Kenny Loggins. I even saw the Loggins and Messina reunion tour. It was awesome.
  • I like to knit and crochet. I am not really great at either, but on Saturday night you can find me wrapped in a shawl in front of the TV with glasses on working on my mad skills with yarn.
  • I say things like "Mad Skills" and "Fo' Sho'" and "Groovy" all in the same sentence thinking that I am being funny and cool, when n fact I just sound like a total nerd. I don't plan on stopping either, you're welcome.
  • I also like to quilt, with my mom. My mom who actually IS a 55+ empty-nester and can get away with talking about it and going to shops/seminars without people laughing at her.
  • I don't get carded. Ever. That kinda just pisses me off more then anything. I am TWENTY-EIGHT for shits sakes! Aren't you supposed to card anyone that looks under 35? Wait...SHIT!
  • I talk about how "Kids" dress and act when referring to late teens/early twenty-somethings and their lives.
  • I had a long chin hair...I know I am traumatized.
  • And last but not least: I got mail addressed to me from the AARP. Yes I did.

*Disclaimer: This is in no way meant to offend, suggest, or demean you or anyone you know that also does these things. I just know most of my friends my age make fun of me for these things even though I know they are just jealous*

No comments:

Post a Comment